“You are my sunshine” – Top reasons to choose Huawei residential Smart PV solution
Huawei residential Smart PV solution
by Helen Zhang, Global Marketing and Communications Manager, Smart PV, Huawei, 2/11/2020
Renewable energy is hot. Investors have placed renewable energy investments at the top of their wish list for 2020 even ahead of technology – the sector completely outshines technology stocks, property and even gold, according to research. Investment aside, in an effort to reduce their carbon footprints, we now see more and more homeowners across the world turning to solar energy. Today, the photovoltaic (PV) cell is widely considered an essential part of addressing climate change by weaning the electric grid from fossil fuels.
Huawei finds its place in the sun.
Believing that the future belongs to renewables, Huawei, a Fortune 500 company, is using its vast expertise in communication technology, to seamlessly integrate 5G, IoT, optical, IP, cloud, big data, and AI technologies into their solar power systems.
The next generation of residential smart PV solutions
The second half of 2020 saw Huawei launch a full suite of smart PV plug-and-play solutions for homes that include inverters, battery bank, monitoring and mobile software controls. Huawei classifies their latest residential releases under two distinct categories.
– The 2-6kW SUN2000-2-6KTL-L1 (single phase battery-ready inverter)
– The 3-10kW SUN2000-3-10KTL-M1 (3 phase battery-ready inverter)
These combined with 2nd generation Optimisers and LUNA2000 intelligent battery storage system, make up the Smart Energy Centre.
Why choose Huawei?
1. Both inverter modes feature ‘dual MPP trackers’ (max power point) with a wide operating voltage range.
2. 5~30% more energy yields by optimizer solution when compared to conventional string inverter solution. Better meets complex rooftop challenges.
3. Battery-Ready with high voltage DC coupled battery interface which allows to expand the battery system by simply plugging and playing.
4. Communication, built-in as default WLAN communication and also support Ethernet and 4G communication as an option.
5. More usable energy with Huawei Smart String ESS, with 100% depth of discharge.
6. Safe, AI-powered active arcing protection, quick shut down, lithium iron phosphate cells.
7. Lightweight, easy installation thanks to being compact and only weighs 12 kilogram power module and 50 kilo battery module for easy installation by 1 or 2 people.
It’s the next level. “Huawei’s PV business has evolved from digital PV to internet-powered PV, and now to AI-powered PV” – Chen Guoguang, President of Huawei’s Smart PV Business Unit
Huawei’s strength is its ability to integrate leading ICT technologies – such as 5G, AI, and the cloud – which have developed rapidly over the last two years, with solar and storage. By utilizing digital technologies to connect energy products, enables preventive maintenance, and realizes the ‘intelligentization’ of energy products.
Built to last
Quality and reliability are of paramount importance for solar inverters and Huawei ensures that its inverters are subjected to some of the most extreme and rigorous testing procedures unparalleled in the industry, including subjecting the inverter to real lightning strikes! The Huawei laboratory and testing facility is recognized by leading international testing verification organizations including TUV, UL and FCC. They perform many extreme durability tests including thermal cycling, extreme humidity, and salt-mist corrosion and even submerge the inverters underwater.
The grid of the future is the solar inverter enabled with storage that is an interactive asset that can be controlled in part by the homeowner but also in part by the grid operator or an energy aggregator. That requires a very different product from residential solar 1.0. And that requires the kind of innovation that only Huawei delivers. Watch this space.